Allison Theobold, Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Statistics, Montana State University, Bozeman MT
- M.S. Statistics, Montana State University, Bozeman MT
- B.S. Mathematics, Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, CO
- B.A. Economics, Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, CO
We are quick to say what things we like to teach, what activities we will do, and what kinds of resources we will use; but without clarifying the desired results of our teaching, how will we ever know whether our designs are appropriate or arbitrary? How will we distinguish merely interesting learning from effective learning?
- Wiggins & McTighe in Understanding Design
The value of qualitative research in advancing the field of statistics education should not be underestimated. The rich descriptions provided by qualitative research are often instrumental in helping readers understand the relationship between the context of a given study and their own circumstances.
- Randall Groth in Situating Qualitative Modes of Inquiry Within the Discipline of Statistics Education Research
- Statistics education
- Data science education
- Curriculum development and assessment
- Equitable pedagogy
- Learning theory